Re: [Chrysler300] 300M Special & Horsepower

Re: [Chrysler300] 300M Special & Horsepower

Why is the 300M 3 seconds faster than a C300? Let's see.....hmmmm.....
could the weight difference matter? Maybe it's the transmission... the
newer multi-speed tranny versus the old '55 Powerflite 2-speed. Perhaps the
fuel injection has an advantage over the old carbureted engine. I'd be
curious to see how the '55 300 would perform with the new V6 in it using the
2-speed automatic and carburetors instead of fuel injection. On the other
hand, we could always fuel inject a 330 hemi and run it through a modern
tranny in a 3500 pound car and see what happens. :o)

Jerry Browarski