Re: [Chrysler300] 57 300 hemi

Hi
Many years ago I was trying to start an early hemi. Everything was
right. I was turning it over with a pushbutton switch hooked up to the
starter relay. It would start and run as long as I was spraying starting
fluid into it. When the ether stopped, the engine stopped.
Turned out I had forgotten to turn on the ignition switch.
If everything seems right then it's probably something obvious and stupid.
If you have good spark while cranking is it still there when you stop
cranking?
Do you have voltage to the coil whether cranking or not?
Sheldon
PA

> I have a 57 300 that I am working on and I can't get the motor to run.
> It most likely hasn't been started since the 70's. The engine is in
> time,has good spark, is getting fuel--firing order is correct----points
> are set right,new plugs are gaped right----after I was unsuccessful in
> starting engine, I had two good Mopar engine guys to check everything
> and they also say motor should run-----Compression ='s
> 90---140---120---110---80---60---60---150----I oiled cylinders,turned
> motor over----cleaned plugs-----motor turns fast enough to start-----I
> put a jumper on it and ran it fast several times but it acts like it
> wants to start----sometimes---but never will. Any suggestions before I
> tear it down--Johnnie Slayton

'Thanks & Giving.'