Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Balancing Act

In a message dated 1/5/05 10:26:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
No need to balance
the tire by itself, I doubt it can be done outside of a testing
facility.
Hi all:

I am enjoying this thread.  As to determining the heavy side of a tire, I
would think that if one followed certain procedures it is quite simple to find
the heavy side of a tire.

1.  Determine the heavy side of the wheel and mark it.
2.  Balance the wheel.
3.  Install the tire and determine the heavy side and mark it.
4.  Remove the weights from the wheel and rotate the tire on the wheel so
that the marks are 180 degrees apart then rebalance the entire assembly.  Seems
to me this should do the trick.

Am I wrong?

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA