Re: [Chrysler300] Tire Balance

> Howdy,
>
> Lovin' this conversation about tires.  You can balance a square block of
> wood perfectly but it won't roll smoothly.  Where can one find a tire
> truing machine?  I understand why they have disappeared; (new radials
> are very round, better molds).  However with old wire wheels and tube
> type tires (Mine are Firestone replicas by Coker) I know they are not
> round, yet balanced.  Another question; Any thoughts about Nitrogen
> instead of regular compressor air?  Should a car be jacked up to unload
> bias ply tires when not in use?
>
> Gordy in 3° Colorado

Tire truing won't fix what's wrong inside. My experiences with tire truing
were not good and best results did not last long.

Best consistantly off the shelf true running and stay true running tires in
my experience are made by Michelin.

Nitrogen inflation and not letting tires sit loaded on the ground are
reasonable things to do. Check out nitrogen inflation with Google search.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

You must be in a hot spot in Colorado?

Give the gift of life to a sick child.