           From: TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx
           From: bjljbl2@xxxxxxx
           From: "Paul Weihl" <pweihl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: William Barrie <blueweststudio@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: DC300G@xxxxxxx
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "David Agnew" <Fnnutz@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "rpjasin" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: greektruck@xxxxxxx
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Charles Heinitz" <ccheinitz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Roger Schaaf" <obiwan10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: disc brake swap
           From: "Roger Schaaf" <obiwan10@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:13:20 EST
   From: TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx
Subject: Part # For 1960 300 F Cam

Hi Folks:

First, let me say thanks to all you guys who offered to assist me in
identifying the correct part # for the cam shaft in my 300 F.

I was able to clean most of the "gunk" off the alleged original cam
  that was given to me in a box of "parts" by the previous owner.
The following is what I have been able to decipher from the shaft itself:

   3D28      D3   2129804

The consensous of opinions from the list members was the correct part # as
described in the 1960 Parts Catalog is #2129203. The previous owner just
recently advised me that when the engine was rebuilt in 1998, they used a cam shaft
out of a junked New Yorker 413 since they could not locate a specific cam for
the 300. I do not have any paperwork from the rebuilder which would indicate
the part # for the cam he installed.

So, now the question is, do I believe the part # supplied by the members or
the part # I just discovered on the cam which is supposed to be the original? I
am open to advice guys.

Thanks,
Tom Harkins
300s4ever