           From: "David Agnew" <Fnnutz@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Charles Heinitz" <ccheinitz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jennifer Allyn" <gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: vhelbling@xxxxxxx
           From: "Rusty and Thelma Roe" <saxblowr@xxxxxxxx>
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jennifer Allyn" <gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Rusty and Thelma Roe" <saxblowr@xxxxxxxx>
           From: mr-320@xxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:43:41 +1200
   From: "David Agnew" <Fnnutz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Reproduction dome light lenses.

Message: 5
   Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:04:16 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
   From: "Rusty and Thelma Roe" <saxblowr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: reproduction dome lenses

Does anyone know the quality of the 57-59 dome lenses sold on ebay by
desotogeorge in Queensland Australia??? I need some for my 57-C and any
suggestions will be appreciated.......thanks, Rusty in Oregon 57 300-C
coupe

Hi Rusty and Thelma,
            Dave here, in New Zealand.  Firstly,I have not seen George's
lenses, other than on e-Bay. We first corresponded some years back,
though, as you may guess, DeSoto is his car, but George is a MoPar guy
thru' and thru'.
            It is great to see the repro lenses, and some metalwork too (
the gold V for the '57 Plymouth, for instance) that George is doing. Had I
not got 2 decent dome light lenses in my car, plus a NOS pair of '60
Chrysler dome light lenses, #2080280, on the shelf in my shed, bought from
a well known NOS MoPar supplier back in 1995 @ $17.50 each, I'd sure be
looking hard at these repros.  Looks like a pair of  repro '57'-'60's is
around $40. I look at everything Mopar and '60'ish on e-Bay, hardly ever
see these NOS any more, sometimes, but rarely.
             e-Bay is a minefield, at times. My best advice is to look at
desotogeorge's feedback, as that more or less says he's a good guy with
good stuff.
            I know that George has been working on these repro projects
for quite a while now, and anyone who has tried molding lenses/medallions,
anything from modern 'so-called' plastics will tell you that it is no
breeze.
            As these are relatively new on the scene, I guess quality will
be assessed by the passing of time.
             My suggestion is to e-mail George and ask some questions.
Check out the satisfied customers of his lenses, from complete '58 DeSoto
tail light sets to his repro dome lights.In my opinion, ANYONE making good
repro stuff for our cars should be supported. Our Club is right up the top
there with anyone, as we all know, with all the splendid repro projects
that they have undertaken over the 8/9 years I have been a keen
member.There are not a lot on the ground, though.
              Roll on '60 Chrysler tail light lenses !

                              Cheers all,
                                          Dave.

Message: 2