           From: Herman <herman440@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Center Link
           From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. sticking brakes in 58
           From: "Terry & Andree Hoeman" <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:21:18 +0200
   From: Herman <herman440@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Center Link

You might want to "clamp" down the center link with the steering link
when you're trying to torque the nut.  The conical shape of the hole
should prevent the stud from turning while you torque it.
Had the same problem once.

By the way, where did you buy the center link? I need one aswell for my
'62 NY wagon.

Herman Meiners
http://drive.to/chrysler
The Netherlands

Message: 2
Use a 1/2" impact wrench, the speed pulls it down so fast, it dosen't spin
usually. If it does, use a center punch on the tapered part of the stud.
This will give it some slight ridges which help it stay still while
tightening.
Ray "See ya in Nashville" Jones

> From: Herman <herman440@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:21:18 +0200
> Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Center Link
>
> You might want to "clamp" down the center link with the steering link
> when you're trying to torque the nut.  The conical shape of the hole
> should prevent the stud from turning while you torque it.
> Had the same problem once.
>
> By the way, where did you buy the center link? I need one aswell for my
> '62 NY wagon.
>
> Herman Meiners
> http://drive.to/chrysler
> The Netherlands