           From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. 300l speedo cable housing
           From: "Barbara Kay" <hekay@xxxxxxx>
      3. Antenna Templates
           From: "Kathy Frank" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxx>
      4. C300 Accolade
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Andy Mikonis <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: More Oil Stuff...

--- John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

....As far as my
> Chryslers, I have always believed that fresh oil of
> any major brand, changed
> regularly  ( at least once a year irregardless of
> mileage) together with the
> filter, is all that is needed to prolong engine
> life.  Shoot me if you will.
> Our cars are collector cars, and how many of us
> actually DRIVE these cars
> long and hard and many miles a year ?.....

Yes, John, that's exactly the point of the "diesel"
oil.  Cars that are not driven long and hard are more
likely to get condensation in the crankcase, whether
it be from running for short periods or just changing
ambient temps while in storage.  This condensation
coupled with the corrosive agents in modern fuel,
etc., worsens the problem.

I use Shell Rotella 15W-40 in my Cummins diesel
pickup.  It's rated CG for diesels and SJ for gas
engines.  This oil is generally not any more expensive
than a major brand SJ gas-engine-only oil.

Just fuel for thought,
Andy

http://autos.yahoo.com

Message: 2