           From: David Todd <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: 300-D diecast model
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Danbury 300-D diecast model
           From: "JONES,DOUG (A-USA,ex3)" <doug_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Hurst
           From: Dou <dou4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. (no subject)
           From: MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx
      6.
           From: "Charles Griffin" <charlesgriffin@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. How Did Ken Make Out ?
           From: ronbo97@xxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:49:39 -0400
   From: David Todd <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 300-D diecast model

Regarding the Danbury Mint cars.............

I was one of their first customers when Dan bury started their "Only 12
Car Series".
Needless to say,  I have the original 12 models plus 18 more that
compliment my
collection to date.  I decided to quit the automatic purchase mode they
had and be more
selective of their offerings.  At almost $100 per model I have accumulated
over $3000 of
their product.

Recently I was dusting my collection when I noticed the rubber tires were
splitting and
falling off the rims.  This was happening on 11 of my 30+ models, and not
necessarily in
the order of their production.  Before I was willing to order the next in
their series,
the '56 Desoto Adventurer, I contacted them with my problem.

April 15,  I called and gave them a list of the defective cars and asked
if there was a
remedy.  I explained that I was more interested in their repair (even, if
necessary, at
my expense) as the cars showed poorly and were disappointing in their
present condition.
The model "T" is sitting on 3 rims!  I noticed an acceptable attitude
projected by the
receptionist's statement that "those cars are quite old and you may be
expecting too much
from us because of their age".  But, the lady did said she would have a
"project
engineer" contact me about the problem... soon.  I called again May 19th
because I was
under the opinion that soon meant "a couple of days".  She was very short
with me
explaining I shouldn't expect to hear from them for two to three weeks.  I
am still
waiting.  I would have waited to see what their remedy was before bringing
this up, but
because of Paul's post, I felt the group should be aware of this problem
before ordering
that model.

My cars are displayed in a large breakfront (glass doors) in our heated,
air conditioned
and humidified living room here in Michigan.  They are out of direct
sunlight and are
dusted on a semi regular basis. (I do stay pretty busy on the full size
ones though!)

Am I wrong expecting the $100 models to have an extended life span of at
least equal to
the lesser quality, older models I also have?  Except for the warping
body, my '57 Dodge
promo is in great shape and shows no discoloration, flats,  empty rims and
is almost 50
years old. Shouldn't it be expected that Dan bury models should hold up at
least as well
given the modern day rubber compounds?

Maybe those who have also collected these cars should inspect them before
buying anything
else from Dan bury.  They have always been great in the past, immediately
replacing the
occasionally bad example with a good one when necessary.  But, I am not
willing to spend
$100+ on another model if the quality and company backing aren't going to
be there.

Anyone out there with a similar problem?

Dave  Todd

paulholm wrote:

> Attention all, JUST got in the mail a flier from the Danbury MInt
> for their 1:24 scale red 300-D hardtop.
>
> I am not going to use the reply card, anyone want the card??
> --
> Paul Holmgren
> Hoosier Corps #33, L-6
> 2 57 300-C's in Indy

Message: 2
> Attention all, JUST got in the mail a flier from the Danbury MInt
> for their 1:24 scale red 300-D hardtop.
>
> I am not going to use the reply card, anyone want the card??

WE HAVE A WINNER! the card is spoken for!

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6

Message: 3