From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of John Grady
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2024 1:41 PM
To: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Radiator Hose Corbin Clamp tool?

related , I found that kits of  “ corbin clamps “ from china are not heat treated correctly to spring temper and easily take a set , losing the clamp force . they usually look cad plated ( yellow/ brown ) real ones are dark grey or green / black in my experience .
the off shore  ones are sad joke , leak , hose blows  off too

One thing that greatly improves appearance of screw band types is to cut off the piece sticking out A 6” or bigger pair of dykes will notch the band at existing slot sides , then bend  back and forth 3-4 bends,  it breaks right off . position nut under . SS has poor fatigue resistance .

By the way they get loose over time unlike real corbin clamps, check each spring

---

---