Re: {Chrysler 300} WCFB carb kits

The best carburetor kit I ever bought was from zip Corvette for a Holley. I imagine they sell a kit for the AFB extensively used on Corvettes as well. If their AFB kit is as good as their Holly kit that would be a kit to buy.

-------- Original message --------
From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/6/24 4:57 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} WCFB carb kits

daytona does a terrible rebuild job . absolutely  terrible . You need to withdraw that recommendation Ron .
here is why :
l had a wcfb they “ rebuilt “ — instead  of re bushing the worn shaft they wrapped .001 shim stock 360  around it , left the  shaft worn ( the real problem with wcfb , is hole in carb body wears , causing erratic vacuum leak at idle ) Otherwise excellent stable carbs .
this shim later got sucked sideways into throat ,the edge of it was  holding throttle plates open such that idle  adjustments  did not work and varied all over the place . To add injury , the lack  of a full close of throttle  exposed the ported advance above the throttle plate to vacuum at times , advancing the timing , which raises idle  “ depending” on moon light or not . Want a challenge?

FYI on this,  there should be negligible vacuum at idle in vacuum  line  on all mopars . — or more to the point ignition timing should not move as you connect the line at idle . Possible exception is ram cars . a design mistake there imho , no ported vacuum .
This WCFB took me two long months to figure out , in and off 4 x , but did not stop them  from collecting my  400 to throughly screw up my carb .
not only don’t  go there , RUN away . Crooks imho . They deserve this review.
Kits from Mikes Carbs are really good and they answer your questions too . within hours
The bushing reamer and new bushings are 39$ on ebay . You are 360$ ahead .