From: "John Nowosacki" <jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2024 10:41:38 AM
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Fwd: 3N552676

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Nowosacki <jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Aug 26, 2024 at 9:59 AM
Subject: 3N552676
To: list server <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--FYI on this listing.
This car was listed in the Club news back in the early 90's in a special section (the name of which I can't recall) where languishing cars that were known about were kept.  I think it was called the 'Clearing House', but I might have that wrong.
I bought the car from the widow of the owner, Mrs. Dante Bracci, in Franklin, MA and brought it back from the dead between 1992 and 1996 (when I was much younger and restoration parts were much cheaper).
The car had very few options, among which was a radio.  Crank windows, no power seat, no power steering, etc.  There were no outside mirrors, the car had its full wheel covers, and was still a 6V car with original power brake booster and master cylinder and generator when I was done.  The VIN tag was not pop riveted, and the rear end of the car was not way up in the air.  I tried my best to restore the car to 'as built' condition.  Plug wire covers on the hemi were also present.  I installed a Goers interior kit except for cheaping out on the seats, which I had done in vinyl.  I didn't install seat belts.  It appears the seats were redone after I sold the car to a gentleman from South Dennis on Cape Cod, MA in the late 90's so I could afford to buy my 61G convertible.
I had front and rear seals replaced on the transmission, but never rebuilt the engine, as it ran well once I rebuilt the two carbs.
If anyone is interested in the car and would like to try and pick my brain for any other memories I might still have lurking about the car and what I accomplished with my 'backyard' resto in the 90's, feel free to contact me.
It was to be a "year of birth" car for me, but when the opportunity to get a G convertible came along, it didn't take long to choose to move on from 6V, 2 speed, kingpin, coil spring suspension to 12V, 3 speed, ball joint, torsion bar technology.  Not being Jay Leno, I can't keep them all. ;-)

---

---