TR: [Chrysler300] NewsFlite Response on my part

TR: [Chrysler300] NewsFlite Response on my part

Hello to all from Switzerland,

After all the hoopla generated by the latest Newsflite I was very excited
when I found it at home last night.  I only read one article, and you?ve
guessed which one.  I was born in Europe in 1965, so it would seem normal
for someone like me NOT to be interested in a (very) limited edition
overseas car?but again you?ve guessed it right, I love these brutes?

I also loved the article in Newsflite.  Why? Well simply because after
studying the world?s history since 1945 at school and college, this article
gives me a perspective that I could have never dreamt of: history from
within.  You see, for most of us Europeans, 1957 in the USA?well except for
Sputnik hovering above our heads, well in 1957 in the USA every one was
driving a brand new Turquoise Big Three convertible car, going to the local
burger joint and listening to Elvis, Gene Vincent, etc?I guess you can thank
?Happy Days?, ?American graffiti? and so on for our simplistic and erroneous
view?

I found it very interesting to be ?beamed back? to before I was even born,
to get a glimpse on how life was ?also? back then for a lot of Americans?I
will never recall going to the local car dealer to see the new models.
Thanks to your articles, every so often I get the special privilege to learn
from those who were there.

So keep writing these articles, keep sharing your info, and give me strength
and motivation to restore my H (which happens to be from 1962, the last good
year!!!! Just kidding).

Take care

Jean in sunny Switzerland (finally! Taking the Newport out tonight)

  _____