Hi Tomas and All:
According to Chrysler drawings, most of these linkage members has optional
finishes.  For ALL linkage components, one of the options is "C.S.T. Pro.  Std.
#80".  C.S.T. stands for "Chemical Surface Treatment" and Process  Standard
#80 is Phosphate Coating.  This is what we always refered to the  dark oily
finish of fasteners, etc. when I was at Chrysler.  It may well be  the same as
"Parkerizing".  Eastwood calls their blackening finish "Black  Oxide".  That is
what I used on my 300F because it gives roughly the same  appearance I
remember.  The other options for SOME components  were Cadmium Plate, P.S. #182B and
Zinc Plate, P.S. #79B.

SUMMARY OF FINISH OPTIONS:
    Bellcrank, (Assy, Intake Manifold Throttle Shaft)  PN 2121745:  All three
    Lever, Intake Manifold Throttle Shaft, PN  1947544:  All Three
    Rod, Bellcrank to Carbuetor, PN 2128757:  All  Three
    Bracket, Accel. Pedal Return Spring, PN 2129668  (300G and late 300Fs):
All three
    Bellcrank to Carb Adj. Link (Slotted end piece), PN  2129569:  Just Cad
and CST
    Rod from throttle bellcrank on body to intake  bellcrank, PN 2121159:
Just Cad and CST
    Assy, Accel. Shaft & Bracket (part bolted to  body), PN 2121748:  ONLY
the CST

I do not have drawings---or at least not handy---of the linkage to the
transmission, but feel confident the CST finish would be appropriate.  Of  course,
for proper restoration, one should try to duplicate what your car came  with
originally.  In my case, I had none of the original when I bought the  car, so
went with the C.S.T. Phosphate (or faux phosphate) finish.  The nut  part
numbers are not identified in the parts book, so it would be impossible to  state
what Chrysler specified.  In this case, do your best to determine  what was
original on your car or consult our Reference 300F on the web  site.  (Of course
you 300J and ram K owners don't have to worry about the  above.  Just paint
it all Turquoise with the engine!)

Whew!!!  I hope this is a help, and even more I hope it is  decipherable
after going thru the listserver.

300ly, Gil C.

In a message dated 11/25/2007 2:03:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,