Re: [Chrysler300] DC sells out of Chrysler?

Re: [Chrysler300] DC sells out of Chrysler?

christopher beilby wrote:

snip

> Anyone shed any more light on this?  Over here in Australia current (DC)
> 300Cs still selling, but still very rare to ever see one on the road, and
> the 300C wagon , Touring, is actually your Dodge with a 300C grille and
> other 300 features/trim.   And speaking with a rep at new Car Show, he said
> they could sell more Tourings but supply is restricted -'limited'.  If this
> is true, that may be because 300C wagon/Touring, sells for way less than
> Mercedes product station wagons - and there maybe lies a root of how the DC
> merger has not been the best for Chrysler - namely Mercedes may be too
> protective of sales of it's own brand versus any new Chrysler??

snip

> Christopher in Australia

This is A True situation, Perfect case in point:  The "Original" 300-C
Hemi convertible.
It was the car that got a lot of attention at the car shows back in
about 1999 or 2000, DC was 'Touring' it around to many of the new car shows.
It got a lot of interest and comments.
When it was displayed locally at the new annual car show DC also had a
Mercedes display set up. They were showing a car that in almost all
respects was a veritable twin stablemate to the 300-C hemi convertible.
The 'suggested' price for the in production Mercedes was approximately
$80,000 US dollars.
Right there and then I knew that the 300-C hemi was NOT going to be
built as displayed. Why sell a competing product at best only half the
cost of a current item and expect to sell the top of the line car?
It just isnt good business.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy