[Chrysler300] DC sells out of Chrysler?

I was not able to bring up the 300C story that was listed with the link to
CNN, but found the ones of earlier this week where it seems Mercedes
(Daimler) is about to accept a private equity sale of 80% of it's ownership
of Chrysler?

Mention is made all US product will be kept as one, not split, and seemingly
new ownership will have access to Mercedes technical expertise - whatever -
??

Anyone shed any more light on this?  Over here in Australia current (DC)
300Cs still selling, but still very rare to ever see one on the road, and
the 300C wagon , Touring, is actually your Dodge with a 300C grille and
other 300 features/trim.   And speaking with a rep at new Car Show, he said
they could sell more Tourings but supply is restricted -'limited'.  If this
is true, that may be because 300C wagon/Touring, sells for way less than
Mercedes product station wagons - and there maybe lies a root of how the DC
merger has not been the best for Chrysler - namely Mercedes may be too
protective of sales of it's own brand versus any new Chrysler??

non 300 news wise - looks like our 5-7 year drought may really be breaking.
Our annual Bonneville Salt Flat equivalent has been totally cancelled this
year due to big rains near where held earlier this year, and whereas the
miles long lakes dried, too much mud/silt, was carried there, and then
finally moisture underneath weakened the crust. Two US teams came here for
nothing.

And now in the last 3-5 weeks, averages of near 3-5 inches of rain over most
of traditional grain and grazing areas of southern part of Australia are
being called best start for near a decade.  And near every night 10-30pts
more rain - very bad 300C/D weather re potential future rust !!! However
with gas prices now at $6.00 a US gallon, and tipped to go to near $6.50,
driving is becoming more expensive!!

Seems like just a few days ago, when I pulled up at shops in 300C (1957
version of course), an (old?) guy of I guess about 85, got his (I guess) son
of about 60something to ask what sort of a car was it. When I told the son
it was a '57 Chrysler 300C, and there is a new one now with same name, the
son instantly fired back an admiring "and I bet the new one is not a patch
on this one", only to have his father say "what such a big car for only two
doors!!!".  They were in an 90s 2 door 4 cylinder import.

With gas prices going the way they are - what/how will our original 300s be
viewed give it another 5-10 years !!?

Hope you have better 300 driving weather over there now - your weather must
be getting real nice by now?

Christopher in Australia

Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D27782&_t=762255081&_r=lavalife_may07_1000sexysingles&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: