Re: [Chrysler300] Price and value.

As I recall, they couldn't be sold in Maryland when new as they had no front bumper. State wouldn't tag them. Later, in '71, they were convinced that there was a bumper behind the glass nose and allowed them to be tagged.
ray
On Dec 20, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Jim Pristelski wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Pristelski <jpristelski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Dec 20, 2006 10:44 AM
Subject: FW: [Chrysler300] Price and value.
To: "Jim Pristelski (new)" <ajp002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Andy's comment, below, on winged cars that are nearly unsellable at certain
times in their lives brought back some memories

My dad was a Chrysler Plymouth dealer, in partnership with my uncle, from 1960 to 1980 in northern Wisconsin. In 1970, they had a Plymouth Superbird on the showroom floor. It was Tor Red with a 440 and 4 speed tranny. Neat car, but at the end of the model year, it was still on the showroom floor. My dad and uncle took a small loss on it to sell it well into the 1971 model
year.