Re: [Chrysler300] 14 Inch Replacement Wheels

Re: [Chrysler300] 14 Inch Replacement Wheels

Hi Bill and All,

The Club did not officially sponser the 14 inch wheel
replacement project but it was done thru the power,
communication and cooperation of Club members on the
Cluc e-mail server.

I have been waiting for your feedback since you were
the designated 2 bump 1957 300-C "test mule".

Have you mounted the tires and wheels on your car yet?

The moden stamping, that accepts and supports radial
tires has 2 sets of mounting holes rather than one
large set for mounting and one set for guide pins
which are no longer used.

We also are waiting for feed back from a 300-K user.
The 2 bumps actually have matching female retention
clips in the K hubcaps. On all other cars, the 2 bumps
are also for anti rotation purposes but the hubcaps
only have claws.

If I remember correctly, you were in a hurray and had
the wheels shipped to you without the 2 welded bumps.

Regards,
Tony

Ps Regards to the Riehl family and to all the 300
community for their loss.

--- Bill Leahy <bleahy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ok, a real 300 question:  the reproduction wheels i
> purchased thru the
> club look grand, but the centers are multi-lug.  did
> anyone else end up
> with that situation?  does it matter?

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: