Re: [Chrysler300] Battery causing acid spray

Re: [Chrysler300] Battery causing acid spray

I don't have a picture to send but when your voltage regulator goes bad
your battery will get anywhere from 16 to 20 volts which gets the
battery hot and boils the acid which then starts venting out the caps or
vents.  It is a very dangerous gas and will explode with the smallest
spark and the acid gets all over everything.  When the Battery explodes
it usually blows the top off of the Battery.  I have seen this happen
several times to co-workers and home mechanics.