Re: [Chrysler300] Battery causing acid spray

Re: [Chrysler300] Battery causing acid spray

Bob,

Actually, batteries will explode. I have been unfortunate enough to have had 2 explode, 1 sent me to the emergency room. These were both "modern" style batteries, neither in a collector car (o.k., so 1 was in an '81 Imperial, but I try not to think about that car too much).

If your battery is pumping acid out, I suspect that you have a faulty voltage regulator. The best symptom of this (besides the gauge) is the battery will begin to swell. The sides of the case, regardless of sealed or vented, will bow outwards, like it is pregnant.

My opinion is that this is not the fault of the battery, but something else causing the problem.

I still get nervous anytime I do anything with a car battery, they can be a nice little bomb.

Be careful,

Richard Osborne

>>> "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/08/05 11:22 AM >>>
Does anyone that has had problems with batteries causing acid spray (some
have called it an explosion, but I don't think that is correct) have a
photograph they can email me of the battery when the problem was discovered?
I would like to see for myself what the battery failure mode looks like. Are
we talking about all tar top batteries here?

Bob J

Yahoo! Groups Links