[Fwd: SV: [Chrysler300] Trunk Detail C-300]

[Fwd: SV: [Chrysler300] Trunk Detail C-300]

Narve:

Thanks for your detailed response.  Your $7/gallon kind of puts things
into perspective.  Uff-da!

 I'm still awaiting guidance on the '56 jacking instruction sticker and
will send you a photo of proper jack stowage if I ever determine same.

California environmentalists think that electric cars are clean and that
hydrogen must be the answer.  I guess they don't teach fuels and
combustion or Thermodynamics in Basket Weaving or Environmental Activism
class.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300 (Gross Polluter)

Have encountered a similar problem as regards jacking instructions for a 55.
Seems like ChryCorp came up with this item for 56 as their first year?
Anyhow my jack, stowage spring and wood chock are all black, the spare wheel
hardware seems all cad plated, the outer/inner fender bolts all seems cad
plated originally. And I have never understood how to secure the jack, tell
me if you get to know.

Having been able to cad plate the front hood receiver plate by unofficial
delivery to the heavy-maintenance workshop for Scandinavian Airlines - the
guys who restore commercial airliners (they took a 300D brochure in
exchange), they told me that there are both yellowish and greyish cad
plating - guess all Chrysler stuff was greyish.

Narve
C-300 in Norway
(as you mentioned: gas prices skyrocketing, now in the $7/gallon range over
here to the environmentalists delight - I have dusted off my 1961 M-B diesel
which gets around 30 mpg to save some)