Re: [Chrysler300] Availability of Replacement 15" 300 Racing Wheels

Re: [Chrysler300] Availability of Replacement 15" 300 Racing Wheels

> So would using radials on factory-original wheels be unsafe ? Is metal
> fatigue a real issue with older wheels ?
>
> Ron

Wheel people do not want radial tires on wheels designed for bias tires.
They say and I have seen evidence in my shop that retrofitting radials to
bias wheels is not a good idea. I would imagine that the older the wheel the
greater the risk . .. .

Old wheels will suffer from not visually identifiable until they break metal
fatigue and many years of tire shop lug nut/bolt overtorquing. BTW, nuts
should go on by hand easy or most possibly threads and fasteners have been
damaged and should be replaced. Hand torquing is always recommended with
threads treated with something like DGF (graphite).

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ