Re: [Chrysler300] dual point distributor

Re: [Chrysler300] dual point distributor

Since you seem to be in the Maryland/DC area you might try bringing your
distributor to Malcom Durham Supercar Engineering in Hyattesville MD.  He
rebuilds distributors so should have parts.  Maybe even have him test the
distributor just to be sure everything is OK.  We have used him for this
and he has solved strange problems we had that were not obvious.  He does
good work.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer

At 09:45 PM 7/4/2005, Rick Ehrmann wrote:

>Happy Fourth everyone! Mine was really nice, until the ride home. My kids
>and I were in the parade with the K in Takoma Park, Md. We got through
>that fine. But on the way home the car started to run rough and made a
>loud backfire that blew out and bent both mufflers. I flat bedded the car
>home. I took off the distributor cap and found the problem. The ground
>wire (is this the primary lead?) that runs from a rivet in the breaker
>plate to the condensor mounting screw was broken off.
>
>The car has the 413 HP single 4 barrel setup with the Prestolite dual
>point distributor. My 64 parts book lists the whole replacement assembly
>as 2444 363, but does not list a part number for the broken wire (lead).
>Does anyone know what this part number is or where I can get this lead?
>
>Thanks,
>Rick Ehrmann

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to