Need some carburetion advice for a 59E!

Happy Valentines Day To Everyone Out There In Chryslerland!

Need some carburetion advice for a 59E.

The car was running a bit rough so I removed the back carburetor (main one
closest to the firewall), took it apart, cleaned it, and put it back on. In
cleaning it, other than the floats not being adjusted properly, nothing else
appeared wrong. Fired her up, she seems to run pretty smooth, but when I gun her
a bit, she sometimes backfires. Could this be the air or gas adjustment
screws??? How many turns out should the idle mixture adjusting screws be turned???
Also, what about the "one big screw" between the idle adjusting screws???
Any advice would help. Thank you and Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Happy Chryslering!

Tom
Miami, Florida