Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Smoking, any suggestions?

Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Smoking, any suggestions?

Hi Hal, First is whether the engine has a lot of miles and the rings are worn out, or did it sit for a long time and the rings are just stuck. If the rings are worn out there's not to much you can do. If the rings are just stuck there are a few additives that you might try. Right now I can't think of any brand names but there out there. When I worked as a mechanic for Chev. people would trade in cars that had your problem. We carried a additive in the parts dept. that we used to desolve carbon. We would warm the engine up to operating temp. Then while working the throttle we would poor it down the carb. very slowly. It would smoke like crazy out the exhaust. When we had about 1/2 can left you then pulled the throttle wide open and at the same time you dumped the rest of the can down the carb.. flooding the cylinders and killing the engine. Then we let it sit over night. or even two days. Then start the engine and take it out for a hard drive. Most of the time it would work.
Go to a parts house and either ask for help or read the labels for something that helps desolve carbon. I know there used to be a lot of people who would use ATF oil, but I don't think it worked as well.
Worth a try. Gary Barker

MOPARMARX@xxxx wrote:

Smokes worse when cold, and has low compression in three cylinders. Trying to put off overhaul as long as I can but still would like to drive. Any one stop oil burning additive that better than another? Tried STP, and also pure synthetic oils as suggested with no luck. Open to any suggestions on a product that might work temporarily thanks hal

To send a message to this group, send an email to: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: