Engine Smoking, any suggestions?

Smokes worse when cold, and has low compression in three cylinders. Trying
to put off overhaul as long as I can but still would like to drive. Any one
stop oil burning additive that better than another? Tried STP, and also pure
synthetic oils as suggested with no luck. Open to any suggestions on a product
that might work temporarily thanks hal