Re: [Chrysler300] 57 Wagon D500 9 pass

Merry Christmas All!
I would love to find a wagon like this! First Dodge with the rear facing
rear seat, D-500 option, Forward Look car, fins,torsion bars,
etc.etc......"All of the 57 Dodges with three seats featured a rear facing
third seat called a "Spectator" seat." (from page 184 The Dodge Story,
Thomas McPherson, copyright 1975) 34,2110 four door station wagons built.On
page 218 of standard catalog of Chrysler, 1914-2000, second edition, list
that 500 Dodge D-500 models were scheduled. Apprx. 101 cars were fitted with
the D-501 engine option as well.
Is the car a single or dual 4bbl.? Both were 325 cid, one 4bbl was the
D-500, dual 4's was the Super D-500. D-501 was a 354 w/dual 4's.
How rare today? I'd say very, as most wagons were not saved or at best
used to fix sweptside pick-ups, converts, hardtops, etc, so few were saved
just because they were wagons. Until about 5-10 years ago, few cared, now
wagons are becoming very popular.
Value? If you believe Old Car Price Guide, everything is valuable, from
my experience in my area of the U.S. it is 35-60% high, depending on the
car. OCPG lists the 57 9 pass. wagon at in condition 5 at $1944.00 plus 30%
for D-500 option, About $2525.00. IssueFeb.2004,volume 27, No.1.
Consider the difficulty in finding station wagon specific parts, labor,
shipping etc. and into that how bad do you want it and your financial
resources. I find it hard at times to think with my head and bank account in
mind instead of my heart.....
Go for it if you can get it reasonable! Quite a rare piece of Mopar
history. Keep me posted, I am really interested in how you come out, if you
get it etc.
Joe Pierce 300J(parts)Kx3+M+the "one of none"64 300 9pass.wagon(in
progress)