Re: [Chrysler300] 69 Roadrunner

Val,

I have to differ with Tom on this, I think you're looking in vain. In '68 through '70 the Road Runner was equipped with the 383 HP as standard - except the '70 Superbird which had the 440 HP 4V as standard. Optional in '68 was only the Hemi, in '69 Hemi again until 1/2 year model and the addition of the 440 6-pack made three options. Same for '70 with some changes in the engines. Most notably cast iron intake on the 6-pack instead of the Edelbrock aluminum, vacuum actuation on the end carbs of the 6-pack instead of mechanical linkage and hydraulic lifters on the Hemi. The 375 HP 440 was only available on the GTX in '68 and '69 and then the Superbird and GTX in '70. SO, strictly talking Plymouth, if you want a 440 HP (L?) and you want it in a '69, you need to look for a GTX.

Does this mean they absolutely never made a 440 4V RR in '69? I've learned never to say never with Chrysler, but it wasn't a standard production option in any information I have.

Hope this helps

Russ Vaughan
Val Jeffers <edward1108@xxxx> wrote:
With this being a "non 300 question" please don't chastise me too badly. Was the above available with a 440 4barrel and if so what was the alpha designation in the VIN ? I've been looking for one but possibly in vain ?
Thanks,
Val Jeffers

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT