Anybody in Miami? Check out 300M…

I've been looking at a '99 300M on ebay. Auction closed today without meeting reserve price. I know the reserve price and am considering negotiating a private sale.

I'm in Virginia and the seller is Zimm Motors, Inc. at 597 N 27 Avenue, Miami, FL. 305-649-2066. Anybody here in the Miami area who would like to check out the car and let me know if there's something fatally wrong with it? I'd like to discuss this with the seller Wednesday (tomorrow, because plane tickets are dirt cheap at the moment.) It only bid up to about $7200, so I'm wondering if everybody else knows something about it I don't.

Seller says it needs a couple of tires, but is otherwise "100%", which could be car salesman talk for "thrashed and on it's last legs".

Anyway, if I buy, I'd fly from VA to FL over New Year's holiday and drive it back. Got my '68 Fury convertible on ebay and drove it back from Montreal, so I guess it's time to try a southern trip.

I totalled my almost-pristine '94 Continental last week (near-deer strike and that car was a bloated travesty) and have determined I am going to hold out for a 300M this time.

In the alternative, if someone can point me to a good used M with a moonroof, you're welcome to do so.

Thomas