From: annbarbq@xxxx [mailto:annbarbq@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 6:11 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: stephen.schieser@xxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 Hurst oil pressure

I have a 300 Hurst with 77,044 miles on it. Drove it about 10 miles then
changed the oil. I used 10W30 Valvoline oil and Ford Motorcraft FL-1A oil
filter, the equivalent of Fram PH8A oil filter. Oil filter removed was FRAM PH8A.
After changing the oil, the oil pressure light stayed on ( no oil pressure
gauge on my car ). I replaced the oil pressure sending unit to the oil pressure
light, but still the light stays on, so apparently no oil pressure?

Any suggestions on resolving this oil pressure problem? I considered
removing oil pressure sending unit and installing mechanical oil pressure gauge to
confirm no oil pressure. Also I talked to NAPA about a new oil pump - theysell
a standard one, a high performance one, and a high performance and high
volume. Which one to buy if it turns out to be a failed oil pressure pump?Thank
you. Steve in Columbus, Ohio.