Re: [Chrysler300] Leather softener

Lexol was also mentioned in Wayne's missive. Some years back I purchased a
new Mercedes pearl black 560 SEC which had a wine colored interior.

I was at the Mercedes parts counter one day and while there picked up a
bottle of Lexol which they had on display for sale.

One Saturday AM I spent about an hour thoroughly going over only the
driver's seat with this product and was about to start on the passenger seat
when I noted that I was short on time and was due at the tennis courts for a
match.

I was wearing white shorts and shirt and when I arrived at the court my
partner for our doubles match asked me what had happened to my clothing. I
looked down and said nothing that I was aware of. She said look at the back
or your shorts which I did and found them to be completely stained this
awful burgundy color as was the back of my shirt.

Of course this was not good, so the next day I went to Mercedes and they as
they are always wont to do pleaded ignorance. I then called Lexol and
initially they did also and I insisted that I speak to someone in
engineering or product development.

I finally ended up speaking to this fellow who after some intense prodding
admitted that they had had similar reports in the past but that they were so
rare that they had done nothing to warn their customers and of course they
were sorry. I told him that there substance had also somewhat taken some
color out of the Mercedes seat which was probably obvious as it was on my
clothing.

Nevertheless I have never used their stuff again and when I do see it my
tongue kinda of curls up just as when I see some food substance that I may
have eaten that I did not find pleasant. I now place it somewhere between
Armor All and running out of fuel on the list of things that I attempt to
avoid in my life.

As for the Mercedes, the car is now 17 years old with 150,000 miles on it(my
wife will not give it up and I have bought her 2 new cars, which I am always
forced to drive -hee hee- and she still only drives this old SEC, in fact ev
en today it is my favorite driver too) and all I have used since then on the
interior(leather and vinyl--incidentally Lexol then was useless on vinyl,
don't know about it now) is 303 Protectant. The interior as well as the
exterior still look as fresh and new as a 17 year old car can look.

I too have heard good reports on Leatherique and Hyde Food. I have no
experience with either however.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif