Re: [Chrysler300] Glass Wax reply

I have used product successfully for many years. As far as I know, you can
still purchase from Orchard Supply(a Sears owned chain of hardware stores in
Calif).

I now use microfibre cloths for cleaning my auto windows. Find that the
high quality ones(some are junk) used with plain water or perhaps a final
wipe with Windex do a fine job of cleaning interior auto windows with nary a
smudge.

Glass Wax instructions for cleaning windows should not be followed exactly.
They suggest to apply with a damp sponge, allow to dry and then to wipe
clean.

This leaves a powder residue all over your auto interior(especially in the
fuzzy window stuff). I found 20 years ago to not let it dry after
application, but to wipe immediately while still wet. Does not change
cleaning results and eliminates the mess.

Also some regular auto cleaner/wax products do a good job of cleaning
interior windows. Another great tip is to NEVER use Armor All(the ultimate
amateur product--yes I have a very strong opinion on this) or such silicone
based systems on interior windows(or for my money anywhere on your auto).
These type of products(silicone based) upon evaporation leave this nasty
film on your windows and is nigh on to impossible to remove(also if you are
wondering why your interior black surfaces as well as tires are turning
bronze, look at the product that you are using). I use only 303
Protectant(there are other such water based products that work well) on my
interior vinyl surfaces(works well for leather) and also on tires. Gives a
nice dull satin sheen, protects, cleans and does not scum windows and turn
tires bronze/brown/gold.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif.