300C Front Brakes (take 4) - reply

Hi Mark,

Read your brake saga with great interest. Reminds me of the many fights I
had with those #%^ brakes on my 300's . You have my condoleances and all
my sympathy ! I understand that some Club members have expressed that they
are happy with their stock original Center-plane brakes. I have never been
that lucky.

The only intelligent answer I can have is to your specific question:
"Another thought is to convert to disk brakes. I would rather not but it's
an option. Is anyone experienced with this conversion on a 300C? Your input
is greatly appreciated. "

There are two commercial kits now available that will bolt right on to your
300C. One is made by "AAJ" in Portland, OR - their web site is:
http://www.aajbrakes.bravepages.com/
and the other is made by Stainless Steel Brake, upstate NY :
http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/

Both are based on a bracket that attaches to your spindle and require no
permanent modification to the car. Both will fit under 14" wheels.

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY