Re: [Chrysler300] extraction... how?

In a message dated 10/12/2003 3:11:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mwl1967@xxxx writes:
So... any ideas on how to get it outta there without 1) tearing the
engine down or 2) tearing out what's left of my hair or 3) tearing the head
off
the service managers shoulders. Any useful suggestions appreciated.
Mike,
If you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that there is a loose piece in the engine, it
SHOULD NOT be run! if nothing else, it will shot-peen the living daylights out of
all that soft aluminum we call a piston. It will also score the walls of the
cylinder, bend valves, etc. I'm surprised that no one has been willing to
tell you this. there is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

The cylinder head must come off, even if just to inspect the damage. If, by
chance, you were able to get the nut out of there intact, I wouldn't expect a
normal service life from the engine.

Good Luck!!!!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI