Re: Fwd: Re: [Chrysler300] Oil pressure hose routing for a/c 1957

Re: Fwd: Re: [Chrysler300] Oil pressure hose routing for a/c 1957

Hi John and all

Maybe this will help. I am fitting factory air on my C and 57 Imp. Here is what I learned. In 57, at least the early part the return oil that fed the piston to control the air door went back through the oil solenoid valve and back to a fitting brazed the lower portion of the oil filler tube on the valley cover. I have a couple of them. The auxiliary drain line that the manual states goes to the pan is not a true statement. The line in fact only hung down through the fire wall behind the engine to drain to the ground. Bear in mind this is intended only for a small amount of weep age if oil leaked past the piston.
You are correct. Later they did return to rear of left valve cover with the piston return line and auxiliary weep line. In 58 the coil was not mounted to valve cover allowing room for the return oil lines.

Hope that helps.

Gary, The Parts Doc