Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:11:26 -0600
From: <john_nowosacki@xxxx>
Subject: Oil pressure hose routing for a/c 1957

Hello again,
Now that the carbs are right and the car runs smooth, I have some oil weeping from the 'return' or overflow spigot on the power piston which operates the fresh air door.
There was no hose connected to this connection when I bought the car.
The shop manual, page 432, figure 5 at the bottom of the page says that this drain tube goes to the engine oil pan? Figure 7 (same page) calls this line the Auxiliary Drain Tube for Air and Oil leakage past piston.
I believe in 58 this was routed back to a valve cover connector? I doubt there is an actual fitting on my oil pan for this, so where does it really go?
It weeps very little, but I don't want it in the interior of my car!
Advice much appreciated,
John