300K found a new home!

With a public thanks to John Cote, 300K, serial #8443-198967, has found a new home: mine! The owner, Richard Blacksten, was only 5 hours from me, and I picked her up this past Saturday. Trailered her home with no incident.

John was right about this being an ambitious restoration-the floors are shot, the right front fender is very bruised, some other panels have total rust-through, and a good portion of the chrome is deeply pitted. On the plus side, the car shows only 62,000 miles, and it looks original to my eyes. As in, there's very little wear on certain places like the driver's armrest, and other interior tactile surfaces.

And the car is very complete, including all the medallions and wheelcovers. Alas, it is a single carbed car. Sigh! Would I be forgiven if I put a ram setup in? Anybody got a complete and proper setup they want forward to a worthy cause? I have a '55 C300 I'll give in a partial trade... It is for sale, by the way.

The 300K is black with a red pinstripe and a deep red vinyl interior.Very sharp. The interior is all very dry and brittle, but outside of some torn seams looks pretty good. The aluminum inserts on the doors are also shot, or they would look very good, too.

Thomas DeBusk