E-bay Scam!!

Attention e-bay users.....I just got word from a friend of mine that he was
just scammed out of $3600 trying to buy an ATV 4-wheeler.....the listing was
on e-bay for a quick 3 day auction...the seller contacted my friend, the
highest bidder at the time and said he was leaving for europe, and if he
wanted to just buy the item he would unlist it from e-bay and sell it to him
..the seller wanted a Western Union wire transfer....the money was sent and
since it was unlisted from e-bay they have no liability for goods sold but
not delivered and have no record of the item being listed...the ATV was
never sent and the e-mail address of the buyer is no longer a valid e-mail
address...
I thought of all the e-bay items I have bought, and all the good luck I have had with honest deals, but there are crooks out there and everyone needs to be cautious and curious when something seems too good to be true........Rusty Roe 300-c coupe