Starting my Hemi w/o trans on

I'm considering starting up the Hemi before wrestling the transmission on the engine. The purpose is to make sure, with the least amount of tear-down, that all the seals hold oil(rear main and end pan seals). My concern is that to do this I need to install the torque converter. How does the converter like running without the transmission assembled to it? Any ideas or thoughts out there? All input is appreciated.

Zak