Emblem Adhesive WARNING !!!

"DO NOT", I repeat, "DO NOT" use "3M Plastic Emblem & Trim Adhesive" to
attach your reproduction grille medallion. I did use it and all I could do
was watch as it slowly attacked the paint and now my $50.00 emblem looks
absolutely terrible.

My car looked naked without the emblem and now it does not look much better
with that terrible looking emblem. Everything was going great until I bonded
the emblem. I took out my grille and detailed the radiator support.
Everything was painted RED. Wires, wiring harness and the parking and
headlight connectors. I made a backing plate that bolts onto the grille and
the emblem bonds to the plate. At least the emblem will be easy to remove.

Call me STUPID because in November there was discussion about attaching
these emblems. One member said "I have never used this stuff, but I have
heard that most new vehicles use this type of adhesive for attaching emblems
and some trim parts. It is called "3M PLASTIC & EMBLEM ADHESIVE", Part
Number is #08061. I am going to make a backing plate that bolts into the
grille center and probably use the 3M plastic emblem adhesive."
Others said that they have used RTV silicone. The Tech Department has a
great article on the emblem installation using RTV silicone.
I chose to use the 3M adhesive and learned the hard and expensive way.
PLEASE learn by my mistake.

Perhaps an installation instruction sheet could be sent with each medallion
ordered. On this sheet could be a list of the acceptable adhesives. There
should also be a warning. "DO NOT use "3M Plastic Emblem & Trim Adhesive".
It will positively attack the paint and ruin your new emblem."

Happy 300ing
Charlie Valentine
300G, 62 300 Sport Convert.