      1. Part Number Confusion
           From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Part Number Confusion
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Part Number Confusion
           From: sherwoodk@xxxxxxx
      4. Re: Part Number Confusion
           From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
      5. Re: Part Number Confusion
           From: "Kelly Pierce" <jkrestor300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. How to peel the roof off your new 300........
           From: "Owen & Jo Grigg" <ram300@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Emblem Adhesive WARNING !!!
           From: "Charlie Valentine" <cross.ram@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:23:08 EDT
   From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
Subject: Part Number Confusion

Hi Group-

       Now, I might not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I thought I

knew how to read a parts book.  Now I'm not so sure.

       I have a number of what are obviously 1960 Chrysler tail light
assemblies, but they have varying numbers on them, so I consulted my
friendly parts
book to see which were which.  The picture in part 23 tells me that the
housings are "serviced" in 8-55-7, so I go to 8-55-7 and find none of the
numbers
appearing on the housings.

       The numbers on the housings I have are as follows:

       #1960908, 1960909 and 1960798.  Somewhere I think I have a 1960799
as
well.  I cannot find any of these numbers on the parts book - can someone
help
me out here?  I know the even numbers are right side, but why aren't the
other numbers there?  All my numbers start with 1961.  Could I have a very
late
revision which is showing the superceded numbers?

       In any event, if someone can identify these for me, I would
appreciate
it very much.

Thanks,

Pete Fitch

Message: 2
You are looking at casting numbers, not part numbers.  Different thing.

John

>        Now, I might not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I thought
> knew how to read a parts book.  Now I'm not so sure.
>
>        I have a number of what are obviously 1960 Chrysler tail light
> assemblies, but they have varying numbers on them, so I consulted my
friendly parts
> book to see which were which.  The picture in part 23 tells me that the
> housings are "serviced" in 8-55-7, so I go to 8-55-7 and find none of
the
numbers
> appearing on the housings.
>
>        The numbers on the housings I have are as follows:
>
>        #1960908, 1960909 and 1960798.  Somewhere I think I have a
1960799
as
> well.  I cannot find any of these numbers on the parts book - can
someone
help
> me out here?  I know the even numbers are right side, but why aren't the
> other numbers there?  All my numbers start with 1961.  Could I have a
very
late
> revision which is showing the superceded numbers?
>
>        In any event, if someone can identify these for me, I would
appreciate
> it very much.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete Fitch