Re: [Chrysler300] Part Number Confusion

Hi Pete and All:
The "cast in" part number is the number of the casting only. Adding the
attachment studs makes it a different part number-----an assembly. I have to
admit I am a bit puzzled by the name they applied to them though----Lamp, Quarter
panel tail, stop, and turn signal. I would think "housing" would have been
more appropriate. Since the 1960 908, 909 are kind of near the end of that
"batch" of part numbers, it is possible there were no more 1960 *** numbers left
when the time came to assign a number to the housing assembly. Only seeing
the engineering drawings could answer your question absolutely, however. Does
this help? Hope so. 300ly, Gil C.