From: Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxx>
To: Intl 300 <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Marv Raguse <MJRaguse@xxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] '57-59 Package Shelf Option Positions

> The ONLY way I personally have seen a '57 defogger option installed,
whether done at factory, at dealership or backyard was with the air intake
grille (duplicate of radio speaker grille mounted on the passenger side of
the package shelf with the blower motor immediately beneath it. When a rear
speaker was ordered with the defogger, the speaker went in the driver's side
of the shelf. The defogger outlet was the long rectangle in the center of
the package shelf near the glass

> If a rear radio speaker was ordered alone, it went into the center of the
package shelf both left to right and centered (approx) between seat and
backglass.

> I would not think that this was changed engineering or cost wise in later
years. First it would be most efficient for the intake to be away from the
outlet and the wire from the dash switch need only go to the side of the
shelf, not the extra 2' to the center. Secondly the factory install kit or
the aftermarket install kit had a fixed length of hose.

> Does anyone's car differ for '57? Was this done differently in '58 or
'59? Lets here from you if so. If you are responding to this inquiry,
please state whether defogger and / or rear speaker are noted on your build
code interpretation.