Re: [Chrysler300] 300 M tires

George,
you're not alone... many, many people with 300M's (with
17" tires) have complained about handling, alignment and wear problems with
these tires. Specifically, the 99 models were very prone to complaints and
sometime in the next model year Chrysler switched to Michelin tires.

What you are experiencing is referred to as a "tire
disturbance" by the folks at GoodYear. The tires which came on your 300M are "OE"
designated and not the same ones you'd buy at a retailer despite having the
same name and size. GoodYear will tell you that "oe" designated tires are built
to different manufacturer specs and in the case of your model... well...
Chrysler f&^%%d up.

There was ( maybe still is ) a program in place by
Chrysler to replace your tires for free. I know... I had my tires replaced. The
problem is that noone at any Chrysler dealer will know about it. Call GoodYear
customer service and tell them what kind of car you have and that you're
experiencing a tire disturbance and find out if Chrysler still has the program in
place to replace your tires. GoodYear will give you a special phone number for
your Chrysler dealer to call. You're 5 star dealer will look at you like
you're nuts but then they will call, get a purchase order and have your tires sent
to the dealer.

My tires had 16,000 miles on them when I had them replaced, they
cost me nothing out of pocket. This was several years ago. The replacement
GoodYear did not shake or pull but they promptly wore out after perhaps 25,000
miles. I now have Michelin tires on the car and they ride well and seem to be
wearing much better than the GoodYears. For more info specific to your 300M
you may want to check out www.300Mclub.org They are a group as dedicated and
excited about the 300M as we are about our real Letter Cars and can
undoubtedly provide more details specific to that car.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Mike Laiserin