Front fender seams

There is only really one reason to end up without seams under the headlamp area of a C, D, or E. That is if it was so badly rusted or damaged that you don't know where they belong. They should always be apparent on a restoration. Only a customized car should have them filled.

Wayne

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:20:52 +1200
From: "Owen & Jo Grigg" <ram300@xxxx>
Subject: Front fender seams

Hi Wayne & all

Was talking with the guy doing the body work on my 300C regarding the body joining/seams that run horizontally and vertically from the headlight bucket. He was asking if I wanted to fill these seams by tig weld.... to give it a "cleaner" look I suppose.

I was thinking it may take away from the look of the car &/or the originallity? Anybody done this? Any advice?

Thanks
Owen