PCV valve

Thanks to all that responded to my question on road draft tube emissions and how to eliminate them. I am definitely going to look into installing the PCV valve as shown on page 127 of the manual (thanks John). I checked my balance tube and the port is there, it is just blocked off. Joe made a comment that rebuilding the engine was the best way to fix the problem, but there isn't a thing wrong with my engine. It has always done this while sitting and idling. Since there is no air movement over the draft tube, there is no vacuum present to pull off the fumes. That's why its called a positive crankcase ventilation system.

Bob J