From: Warren R Anderson [mailto:wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 4:19 PM
To: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx; rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx;
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; John Hertog
Subject: [Chrysler300] California emissions package

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx <john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 29, 2003 4:56 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300G California emissions package

>A decent picture that shows the PCV system can be found at :
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/allaboutrams/jengine3.JPG

When CA put the retro sealed crankcase vent program into gear my C300 was
declared  exempt. As I remember, the reason was the factory twin
carburetors. The PCV valve is a controlled vacuum leak. The C300 manifold is
set up in such a way that a central tap as shown in the Hertog post is not
available. I guess the state knew this or gave consideration to the low
production numbers for the car or - - - .

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ