RE: [Chrysler300] 300H Fuel problem - answer

RE: [Chrysler300] 300H Fuel problem - answer

Good Morning Group,
I managed to get the push rod out last night without much difficulty. I
used a wood chisel to pry it out. After a small burr cleared the hole, it
came right out. It was worn down by about 1/4 inch from the top of the rod.
I pulled a valve cover and found out why the rod was worn. There was no oil
on top of the engine. This explains the lifter chatter, too. I pulled the
rods and lifters and there is no visible signs of excessive wear, as a
matter of fact, there are no signs of any wear except on that push rod. So
in addition to needing a pump push rod, looks like I'm gonna need a new oil
pump too. I'm going to check the Rockwell on the push rod, does anyone know
what the spec is for hardness of the rod?
Thanks for all the advice and tips,
Mark Souders