300F hardtop project - for sale

Hi to all,

The realities of a new full-time job, and too many projects, all point to
the fact that I have to thin my automotive herd somewhat. Albeit
reluctantly. I hereby first offer to this group my terra-cotta 300F
restoration project. This is a very difficult decision for me to make, but I
am trying to keep the car's best interest at heart .

Quick description: terra-cotta "F" hardtop, VIN 8403115803 . Air
Conditioning; Power Vacuum Locks; Heater, Golden-Touch Radio, Rear Speaker,
Power Antenna, Rear Defogger, Door Edge Protector, Vanity Mirror, License
Plate Frame, Automatic Headlight Dimmer, Sure-Grip, Tinted Glass. Sold new
in Port Washington, LI NY

Condition : pretty bad. Extreme rust. (extra 300F hardtop a/c bare body
included in good shape to help in restoration) . Not running, hasn't run in
years. Needs full and complete restoration from Alpha to Zebra, front to
rear, top to bottom. Missing some parts but I have them all.

Can be sold two ways : "as is" with extra body thrown in AND original
engine (there is another 413 in the car now) OR with an extensive
inventory of new, reconditionned and rechromed / replated / NOS etc. parts
that I accumulated to restore the car. The only item I think missing in the
parts package would be 2 or 3 of the 14" 6'5" rims.

Please e-mail me crossram@xxxx) or call me if any interest. I would
much prefer to sell to a Club member ; and I will ONLY sell to someone who
will convince me that they will restore the car, and not part it out. The
last 300F hardtop I sold ended up in Finland, and could not have gone to a
better home; it is being treated to a very serious nut-and-bolt restoration
and will be correctly and lovingly restored. This is what I want for this
car too.

The car itself, as I obtained it, would not be tremendously expensive. The
collection of parts that go with it would be. I do not necessarily need to
sell the parts with the car.
There are thousands of dollars' worth of parts that were earmarked for this
car, from a Timo Tanskanen correct tinted bubble windshield, to a Greg
Legatt wiring harness, excellent hubcaps, NOS lenses, either great Arizona
chrome or already rechromed items, etc. etc. . But there are hours and
hours of work to be put into this project, and that's what I no longer
have - the time to see it through.

Sincerely

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY