Re: [Chrysler300] Re: another option re new Chryslers, the 300?

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: another option re new Chryslers, the 300?

Let me throw in my final 2 cents worth for what it's worth!!
A lot of comparisons have been made to allow for or to tolerate the 300C name on the soon to be mass produced rear wheel drive sedans.
The point is, as I have always understood it....there has never been a Corvette "Letter car".
There has never been a Thunderbird "letter car".
There has never been a Mustang "letter car".
The Chrysler letter cars were something very special from Chrysler. They were never any letter car sedans.
Yes there were 300's but the letter series was reserved for a premium product that demanded a premium price for the real enthusiasts, not the masses.
A glaring example of being caught with your pants down, is the 300M sedan. When the folks at the top wanted to bring out a premium version of this great car, that should have been a plain 300, what did they find themselves doing??
They had to call it a 300M "Special". Whoopee and the world swooned??? The evidence is still sitting on dealer lots. What a shame!
The way they are going the next super special letter car will be named a Hemi 300C "Special Deluxe".
And I am so old to even know what it means, and I wouldn't buy one. So all the best DaimlerChrysler!!!pronounced Daimler.